CKSVIM organized an Inspirational Talk on 20th July, 2015 by Dr. Marko Saravanja, Chairperson, Regenesys Business School, Johannesburg, South Africa and Dr. Richa Arora, Head, Academic Alliance & Collaboration, Regenesys Business School.
About Dr. Saravanja Marko:
Dr. Marko has been an entrepreneur, an academic, a monk, and a development worker. As an entrepreneur, Dr. Marko started Regenesys Business School, a Sandton based private higher education institution that has touched the lives of over 100 000 people who have been educated by the institution over the past 16 years. He was finalist of the Ernst & Young’s World Entrepreneurship competition, South African chapter, in 2009.
As an academic, Dr. Marko obtained Masters Degree in Management and Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from the University of Witwatersrand. He obtained his PhD in Performance Management from the University of the Western Cape. Marko has over 15 years of experience in human resources management, leadership development, education and training. He teaches human resources management on an MBA level and he delivers talks and presentations locally and internationally. Dr. Marko authored and published the book Secrets of Success.
Interactive & Inspirational session by Dr. Saravanja Marko:
Dr. Marko shared his experiences with the students of CKSVIM. In his speech, he said that:
- Everyone carries many kinds of fears with them.. Will I get work? ..will I earn money?.. will I find my love??... and many more fears.... he said conquer your fears.. instead of escaping from fear confront them and be a winner.
- Dr. Markov has lead a life of Spirituality. Therefore he said, along with IQ one needs to develop Emotional Quotient and Spiritual Quotient too.
- If you think you are worth of what you are doing, you are really of that worth. its all in our mind , how we value our selves. Choice of becoming successful or a failure is all in our minds. So first of all..."Succeed within yourselves".
- Power is within us, each of us is unique and has a special talent of doing things.
- Think big and live big. Unless you think big you are not going to get big.
- Always push your own boundaries and achieve your dreams.
- Don't sleep now, because we all will be sleeping after death.
- Welcome challenges and be happy that challenges have come to make you more perfect.
- Don't copy just be unique.
- He focused on spirituality along with materialistic life.
(Dr Marko suggested few strategies to the students like; Power of truth, Love Yourself, Live life fully, Be ambitious. He concluded with a thought that when you work unconditionally you will receive unconditionally.)
Dr. Marko answered few queries of the students and made the session more interactive and motivating.
Dr. Richa also showed a video of south africa and invited students to their campus to grab further opportunities.
Written by: Sonia Sachdev, Batch VI and Ms. Hetal Thakar, Asst. Professor, CKSVIM